REPOSTING. PLEASE ENJOY. Dr. RubyNorma Yanez
Monday, March 06, 2017
IF I WAS A WEED
I love gardening. Perhaps you do too?
It is amazing how well my weeds thrive!!!
They have eternal strength to make it through all attempts at getting rid of them.
I, on the other hand, am a senior gardener and do not have their eternal strength!
If I was a weed, how much stronger, more hardy, and energetic would
I be? The minute you pick me from the ground, I begin growing. When it rains we grow up overnight!
If you poison me I come back.
Perhaps you thought about the subject before?
But... if I was a weed, how much better off would I be than the aging and foolish gardener who is writing this?? :-)


I am a young gardener. But we totally agree on this subject. Good tongue in cheek writing, Dr. Y. RJ
ReplyDeleteThank you so much RJ. Dr. Y
DeleteRemember, RubyNorma, that as the "aging gardener", even with fading strength, you have the power of observation, and of memory, to visualize all the blooms and flowerings in your garden, enjoy them as they bloom, and remember them after hey are gone. The weed, though hardy, exists only for a short time, then is gone forever, even though it may leave seeds behind to sprout again. The weed is temporal; you are immortal.
ReplyDeletejim
Thank you Jim. Dr. Y
DeleteThank you for this gardening/aging/awareness. anon
ReplyDeletevery sage. anon
ReplyDelete