Perhaps some of you have been as lucky as me?
I became partially raised and nurtured by a very wise cat named Biggie. She was rescued as a dying kitten up in the NY Catskills. Being so young, yet my soul could already sense an animal's feelings. Her near fatal agony was awful lying in those bushes, as I searched her out and located the limp little wounded body. She repaid her rescuer royally by nurturing me during an abominable, abused childhood. Many times during that period, life was so difficult that I wanted to run away or simply just die. But Biggie would always listen to the hurts when I spoke to her. She was the only other life-form I could tell the truth to. Once, when I was planning to run away at age nine, she brought me back by speaking through telepathy. Biggie asked me via her eyes, "Who will love and care for me?" That straightened things out. The only photo I have of her is below. She is hovering over a food bowl with her kittens outside on our backyard porch in Brooklyn. Biggie was mostly white with a big splash of Calico color on her back and ears.
Happy Mother's Day Biggie Girl. You were a fabulous and caring MOM to your kittens and to me. May we be reunited in Rainbow when GOD calls. Oh how you are still loved and appreciated!!!
.

What a lovely tribute to a wonderful cat!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had her to help you through.
Many hugs,
Nanci
Such a sweet Mother's Day message. Hope you feel the love!
ReplyDeleteDeb
What a tender story about sweet Biggie! I’m so glad you were there for each other, Ruby.
ReplyDeleteHave a most beautiful day!
Love,
Chris
Thank you for sharing this with us, RubyNorma. You were truly blessed to have Biggie to help you cope with your unfortunate troubled childhood. When the time comes, I'm sure she'll be waiting for you and you'll be able to resume the close bond that you experienced in this life.
ReplyDeleteUntil then, take care of yourself,
Gordon
BEAUTIFUL! SHERRY
ReplyDeleteGod Bless you my friend and a very happy Mother’s Day.
ReplyDeleteYou are often in my thoughts as I navigate this odd, yet familiar, world we live in.
Kristine
KRISTINE C. ALESSIO, ESQ.
Lovely thoughts for today, RubyNorma!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
jim
Great story, Ruby. Rainbow Bridge, that’s where I’m going.
ReplyDeleteGypsy
This filled my heart with gratitude towards Biggie. We counsel people who have been abused and this is the kind of story that makes me feel good. Dr. R.
ReplyDeleteAlthough your childhood was very rough, BOY did you turn out O.K. in my book. Dr. H
ReplyDeleteHow lovely! P
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful soul your Wise Biggie has. I say "has" b/c you will be together again. Revered M.
ReplyDeleteDear Dr. Yanez... This story of your abused childhood and rearing by Biggie pulls at the heartstrings. You have helped so many others in your own life. Biggie lives on in your kindness and writings. All the best to you and Biggie The Mothering Feline in spirit. Dr. L.
ReplyDelete