WE HAVE ENTERED AN AGE WHEN PEOPLE DO NOT LISTEN TO EACH OTHER. THE PRE-OCCUPATION WITH CELL-PHONES, AND ETC. HAS TAKEN OVER.... OUR CHILDREN SIT AT MEAL~TIME WITH PHONES AND TEXT. TEXTING KILLS PEOPLE WHO ARE DRIVING, AND OFTEN, KILLS PEOPLE IN THE STREETS. AND ON AND ON.
I SEND MY CONDOLENCES TO ALL WHO MISS THE WAY WE USED TO COMMUNICATE VERBALLY, OR BY LETTER, OR BY SHOWING OTHERS SOME VERY NEEDED COMPASSION.
RECENTLY, I EXPERIENCED A TERRIBLE AMOUNT OF LOSS. WHEN I CALLED SOMEONE WHO I HAVE ALWAYS MADE TIME FOR, THEY PUT ME ON HOLD TO ANSWER A DIFFERENT CALLER. FINALLY THE CALL JUST DISCONNECTED. I HAVE BECOME OUT-DATED, NOT USEFUL, AND WHEN I REALLY NEED IT, NOT LISTENED TO. IF THIS IS DESCRIBING YOU, LET ME KNOW VIA COMMENTS, HOW YOU ARE DOING? DR. Y.


MY FEELINGS EXACTLY! Dr. Chu
ReplyDeleteTrying to clear my throat from tears. Same thing here. PR
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteWhat you wrote is our plight right now. Lamarr
TO THIS DAY I PREFER SNAIL MAIL LETTERS. P.
ReplyDeleteWhen I am put on hold during a personal convo, I hang up! LE
ReplyDeletePeople hide from life behind their screens. Mariah
ReplyDeleteHi Ruby,
ReplyDeleteThanks for that.
We do see couples at cafes here texting instead of talking to each other, thinking they are so clever. N in OZ
Dr. Ruby... we are having big issues with our children with this very same problem. Raj
ReplyDeleteOur rude family is addicted to using phones, texting while others speak to them. Camilla
ReplyDeleteI even have issues with that dumb/rude/call waiting. If a personal convo is interrupted, I hang up.
ReplyDeleteMeeeeeeeeeee 222222222222222 Dr. Y
DeleteWell, maybe you experienced for the first time "call waiting" ---one of the rudest most horrible "apps" of the telephone company. I deleted it from my comcast options and think it is one of the worst inventions ever developed by the telephone co. whoever they are. BB
ReplyDeleteWhen someone is rude this way, I tell them. If they continue, I let them go. Meena
ReplyDeleteJust too rude....we do not answer calls that come in unless it is crucial, and we have told
ReplyDeletethe other person we were waiting for it.....
Not being a phone person, hardly ever use my cell phone. It is for emergencies and
expected calls....
I am really old fashioned. Overuse of cell phones has affected the users memories.
Sorry for young people with worse memories than mine. NG
One of my pet hates, Ruby Norma, as I'm sure you are already aware. I have commented on the subject before. It so annoys me when I see people walking along the street, or through the mall, looking down at their phones, oblivious of the fact that they may walk into someone, or that person has to step to one side to avoid being trampled on. Even mothers with children seem to have more thought for their phones than they do for the children in their care. We see them walking along the street, phone to ear and a young child bringing up the rear, often many yards behind. It wouldn't take a moment for a child to wander into the street, possibly to be knocked down by an oncoming vehicle. There is also the possibility of a child being led away, or put in a car by a stranger. The mother probably wouldn't even be aware. You also see couples in coffee shops, both on their phones.....what on earth do these people find that is so fascinating that they are unable to talk to each other at such times, or people watch, which is something that we do often?
ReplyDeleteIt's very sad and something that does make you wish that we could go back to the "olden days".
Best wishes as always and take care. G. in England
I am deaf so the siege of this rudeness is not much of a problem to me. anon
ReplyDeleteI grew up in a home with deafness. it really sensitized me. Dr. Y
DeleteThrew the cell-phone away. Do not miss it. H in MD
ReplyDelete