Friday, August 17, 2018

WOODSTOCK



WHO AMONG YOU REMEMBER THE WOODSTOCK FESTIVAL?  DID ANY ONE OF YOU ATTEND?  Above is my band while we were performing at Brown's Hotel in Upstate, NY.  Of course we went to that Festival!
All I can honestly recall is loud noise.  It was impossible for me to hear music, as I have super keen hearing and the volume was pure torture.
People were stoned out of their minds on assorted drugs.  And then there was.... MUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! 
Oh God, was there Mud!

We had to entertain back at the hotel early, so I went home to our room when the ear ache got too much for me.  Remembering now the MUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD....
It was impossible to remove my clothing,  take a shower and run to entertain.  Everything had hardened to the point that it was like cement, but, on my entire body.  Finally in desperation, I literally began to break off my mud-cement-like-clothing.  After lots of stress and fully exhausted, I went to work AFTER BATHING.  WOW!  Today people talk about Woodstock as if it was a holy water adventure.  Just thought I'd set things straight.  And YES! I still am, and was then, a true
FLOWER CHILD!!!


Even as a baby I loved to entertain!


                          YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!  LOVE *O*

Comment: We went. We got stoned.  We also had to break off our clothing from the mud.  You are sooooooooooooo funny!  Thank you for the memories. Still Hippies and Flower Children. anon

24 comments:

  1. We went. We got stoned. We also had to break off our clothing from the mud. You are sooooooooooooo funny! Thank you for the memories. Still Hippies and Flower Children. anon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just picturing you grappling with the cement mud clothing make me laugh. I wasn't even born then but still love the artists of those times. Jimmy Hendrix and so many others. Why do they have to die from drugs? Rudolfo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rudolfo... they have much to live for but destroy themselves. I too cannot make sense of it. Dr. Y

      Delete
  3. Once a Flower Child, Always a Flower Child. Good for you. anon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly, you painted a very clear picture of the event. I was there. Thanks for the added humor! grin-anon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Went there with my husband. It was disgusting so we left soon. anon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see all kinds of comments. For me it was pure heaven. For others it was gross. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm anon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for bringing forward such a memory. Butch

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We went. Yes it was loud and muddy. But... we also got to see superstars. Many of them are long gone due to drugs. How sad. Fio in PA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never was able to go but sure did want to. Thank you for writing about Woodstock. anon

    ReplyDelete

  11. I remember it, because my friends older brothers and sister some of them went and some of them were even fighting in the Vietnam War so yeah but I'm about 10 years too young. Val

    ReplyDelete
  12. Didn't go. Saw photos of the mud you spoke of and lined up cars. Glad you posted. TRN

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mother would NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT allow me to go. PC in PA

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love your writings. Thank you. FB and Family in NV

    ReplyDelete