Thursday, November 16, 2017

Gregory Hines My Sweet Guardian Angel

Gregory Hines
Gregory Hines.jpg
BornGregory Oliver Hines

(1946-02-14)February 14, 1946
New York City, New York

August 9, 2003(2003-08-09) (aged 57)
Los Angeles, California



Those who know me are aware that I truly do believe in angelic beings. So much so, that my book, Angels In My Chicken Soup,
Case Histories In Past Life Regression Therapy, is now seeking a publisher.

Gregory Hines entered our lives when he was young and still working The Catskill's with his brother and father as HINES HINES AND DAD. They were great! I was employed at Brown's Hotel as part of our orchestra, and we specialized in Latin/Afro/Cubano music, but also did rock, jazz, and even Yiddish music.  Gregory and his brother Maurice would dance their talented brains out backstage when we were playing hot mambos and cha-chas.

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect him to become one of my guardian angels but.... he did. One day after my first husband died from cancer, I took my little girl, JoJo, to see a show on Broadway. Tickets cost a fortune even then, but I only paid one dollar a piece as a reward for teaching ESL at THE INTERNATIONAL CENTER.  There in the audience was Gregory with a stunning blonde girl.  He recognized me so I stopped to chat and he called my daughter to him.  Gregory told her what a gifted pianist her father was and that our band was really so good that he and his brother would always dance back stage when we performed our music.  My shock at his utter kindness to a child who didn't get to know her deceased father, was deep and tearfully emotional.  

Who would have thought that such a famous man would do this angelic good deed for a little girl he didn't even know?  When I learned of Gregory's tragic death from Liver Cancer when he was still so young, I grieved as if a treasured family member died. 

Years later, my beloved friend
Darlene Arden told me what a nice man Gregory Hines was.  I didn't know she even knew him until I was explaining the following to Darlene.  You see, Gregory has appeared to me many times since he transitioned.  He elected to be one of my guardians from spirit.  He has even come to me with his close friend Sammy Davis b/c Gregory knew how much I adored Sammy Davis.  Gregory Hines, if GOD/dess Almighty Mind allows, I pray to be able to help you on the other side with your angelic journey.  In life you gave me and my only child a glimpse into your loving persona.  In "SPIRIT" you have shown me compassion and wisdoms. Thank you for the love.
Your Pal, RubyNorma Yanez

28 comments:

  1. Hi. Gregory Hines was one of our favorite entertainers. What a blessing to have known him and be subject to his kindness. God bless you Gregory. M and Family in NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! To be so sensitive and caring. This man touched many people with love. His talent is missed. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. His early death floored us. A terrible loss to many. anon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a kindhearted soul. You & your little girl JoJo were so lucky. A Dancer who once had the pleasure of working with Gregory Hines. anon

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was back in the mid-80s, I was at an airport (cannot remember which), having attended a conference in that city.
    Gregory Hines was in the departure lounge, like an ordinary guy, not a VIP. And he with genuine joy he talked to whoever came over, sign autographs, etc.
    One could see he was a mensh, not stuck-up, or impressed with himself. Phil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your life adventures. I wish I could have known him. Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you imagine how his family must miss him? T.A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is an example to us all. RIP Gregory Hines. I love you still. I miss you. A long lost friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s lovely, Norma. Thank you for sharing!
    J in Belize

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not many are in this man's league of greatness. anon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fine performer. We never knew how wonderful his highly evolved soul was with the kindness you described.
    But now, I miss him even more. anon

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many creeps. So few like Gregory Hines. B.Y.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a reminder that life here is temporary. RIP anon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good read. You have personally known some very interesting people. We could feel your love and respect for this man through the blog. Raj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Raj... Thank you for noticing. Yes, I have loved deeply. Dr. Y

      Delete
  15. I saw the HINES, HINES and DAD show in Brooklyn many years ago, and it was easy to see that they were great performers. It's now obvious that Gregory was a good man offstage, too. Jack in Scottsdale

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet Ruby
    I found the blog interesting very thought provoking.
    Thank you for sharing

    I love you Sister 💜❤💚💙💛

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was a great story from you. PR in Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very few can fill Gregory's shoes, as a man, and as a dancer. D.E. England

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful story, Ruby! From all the times I saw him on TV, I always felt a peace and love emanating from him...a God spirit, if you will. He left us at an early age, but just think of all the goodness and joy he spread in his Earthly life!! Thank you for sharing this! L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing this with me. SB in Mexico

    ReplyDelete