Thursday, August 17, 2017

REAL FAMILY


I have been spiritually adopting family since my early childhood.  What is REAL FAMILY?
SO GLAD YOU ASKED ;-)
When people who are blood relatives support, respect, love and are loyal throughout the years, they ARE real family.  Most blood relatives I've had the misfortune to know, were NOT real family.  So....
I began adopting.  You all know who you are, because we continue to love, support, and keep in touch. You are there for me in the good times.  You are there for me in the bad times. I want to thank you for trusting me. I want to thank you for being loyal and showing respect. And, even if I am dumb sometimes, you help me to understand to improve.  There is no need for screaming.  No need to dump me. No need to talk behind my back.  As a child I was so severely mentally and physically abused that it made me traumatically fearful of the abusers.  As I grew older, it became slowly obvious that they really were not my true soul family.  Hard as it may seem, it took many decades and many harsh events to realize that... REAL FAMILY IS ONLY SOMETIMES YOUR BLOOD.  OH YES IT HURT TO THE HEART!!!  Sometimes, it still does!
But... the more loyal, loving, respectful people that have surrounded me, the more family I choose to call "REAL FAMILY."
LEST WE NEVER FORGET, 
Pets, too can be YOUR REAL  FAMILY.

This is Precious Roxy Linda

19 comments:

  1. My husband and I have no children. Our pets really ARE our Real Family. anon in NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have said it more honestly, or more to the point for us. Thank you. My siblings and I are all adopted.
    ANON IN MARYLAND

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you know so well the way to write so it moves me to tears? Carrie in Nebraska

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your blood family was like mine. They caused me grave harm. Very difficult for me to trust. anon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a sign up in my craft room that says friends are the family you make yourself Smile

    Love you dear Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. Yanez... you have really hit the nail on the head with this truthful writing of yours. Thank you. MB in NC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe we choose our family and friends for spiritual learning. Honestly, Dr. Y, I must have been insane to choose some of the vile creatures I used to surround myself with. With the passage of many years, I see a little better about human nature. Our family is so dysfunctional, they literally do not speak to one another.
    RAH in Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friends and family are wonderful people. YES, I feel blest to be so lucky. Cally in London

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes the comments are so very interesting. anon

    ReplyDelete
  10. When we die, our religion believes we are judged for all our thoughts, deeds, behaviors. Those who are kind and loving and those who are monster sadistic villains, receive what they put out in earthly life. Have you ever heard that KARMA NEVER SLEEPS. JL in California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JL in California... I too believe that KARMA NEVER SLEEPS. Thank you for your comment. Dr. Y

      Delete
  11. Very nicely put, RubyNorma and, thank goodness for technology. It has enabled us to add to our family. Not everyone that you come into contact with via social media and email, fits the bill......just a chosen few.

    Take care of yourself, RubyNorma and have a wonderful weekend. Gordon in England

    ReplyDelete
  12. D and I were a perfect example of this. Sue



    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, Dr. RubyNorma. Even though I have had a wonderful "blood family", I find so many, like you, that I wish to share thoughts and exchange ideas. For me, that is a sort of adoption, because we do discuss many things close to our hearts. jim

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this. I too, adopt family. My real family is nonexistent.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete