Friday, August 25, 2017

MRS. MILSTEIN CATSKILLS UNIVERSTIY

When I was quite young, circa six, seven or eight, we used to go to a bungalow colony called GREENWOOD PARK, in South Fallsburg, NY.
It was beautiful there and I loved it.   Our bungalow was on a hill near Mrs. Milstein's.  She was shunned by most because of losing her digits, nose and hair from Leprosy.  For me, Mrs. Milstein was a wonderful friend.  I accepted the initial shock of her appearance and saw inside this precious soul.  In gratitude, she would bake cookies and had me sample them. Boy were her cookies delish!... Mrs. Milstein told me her children were successful in NYC Real Estate.  Decades later,  I was  to learn just how successful. About one week ago, I intensely felt her surrounding me from spirit with love.  This tribute is to her brave, gentle and loving ways.  She taught me so much.  I feel sad for how this sweet lady suffered. Never once did the courageous woman share how the Leprosy occurred.  We were simply like two pals with no age difference.  Mrs. Milstein, God Bless You!!!
May we be reunited in Rainbow when and if it is the will of the universe!
Pretty Greenwood Park Bungalow Colony...
A Serene Place That Made Me Very Happy!
 

5 comments:

  1. We grew up near Greenwood Park in South Fallsburg, NY
    It really was beautiful, Dr. Yanez

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Such a splendid story of courage and kindness. anon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to your experience with Mrs. Milstein. anon

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are too fast to judge others if they are unpleasant looking. Reverend J

    ReplyDelete