This is the only photo I know of showing my Grandfather. He died two years before my birth, from untreated Diabetes. The name originally given to me was to honor him. He was Isadore and I was Ina. Whatever I know of my grandfather is via what family told me. Recently, my soul keeps on connecting with his.
Although I do not know where he was born, my guess is Russia, as were both sides of my bloodline. Grandpa Isadore worked as a highly skilled sample maker in the NYC garment district. This was a testimonial to his talent because clothing samples were meticulously created to sell an entire line on the merits of the samples shown to the buyers.
People who are long gone told me I had his eyes, that he was highly intelligent, and that he was kind to others.
Tragically, the untreated Diabetes cause him to go blind and he died within two years of the
fatal diagnosis.
YES, that is the life expectancy of someone with Diabetes, sans any treatment.
I pray that you can hear and feel my love going to you. Surely, we would have been very close if only you had lived... since I too became a maker of beaded gowns for the stage. No, I didn't reach your professionalism, but boy did I ever work at it for so many years. Grandpa Isadore, please keep a happy place near you for me when I am called. We can then make up for the years we didn't have together. amen


I see a definite resemblance between your handsome young grandfather and you. Facial expression is magical. R in CT
ReplyDeleteHe is telling you from spirit that you are being loved and watched over. MK
ReplyDeleteBeautiful blog about your grandfather. ANON
ReplyDeleteAMEN RUBYNORMA Jim
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing this personal information with us, RubyNorma. I'm sure Grandpa is resting in peace and very happy that you followed in his footsteps with your chosen profession.
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself.
Gordon in England
Your Grandfather was a very handsome man. How sad he died so young and blind from untreated Diabetes. It is now a major global epidemic. And it is a very big money maker.
ReplyDeleteDr. F
Beautiful testimony. E in TX
ReplyDeleteSo interesting about your grandfather. I love learning about people's family and I always learn something new about you. Thanks for sharing. Sue
ReplyDelete